The HP OneView appliance provides software-defined resources, such as groups and server profiles, enabling you to capture the best practices of your experts across a variety of disciplines, including networking, storage, hardware configuration, operating system build, and configuration. By having your experts define the server profiles and the networking groups and resources, you can reduce cross-silo disconnects. System administrators can provision and manage thousands of servers without requiring that your experts be involved with every server deployment.
- What is slowing your data center management? Too many process steps? Non-standard, manual tasks? Over-committed experts? An ever-expanding project backlog? HP OneView is powerful converged management that reduces infrastructure complexity with automation simplicity. Its software-defined approach can help your IT teams capture their best practices for “get it right” repeatability every time.The open ecosystem of HP OneView allows easy integration with other management products, including HP, VMware, Microsoft, and Red Hat solutions. HP OneView automates the delivery and operations of IT services, transforming everyday management of server, storage and network resources in physical and virtual environments.
This innovative platform reduces OpEx and improves agility to free your resources to focus on new business initiatives. HP OneView supports lights-out automation and provides a simple, fast, and efficient path to Infrastructure-as-a-Service and to get you to hybrid cloud.
- HP OneView server profile templates let you define configurations once, in minutes, and then provision or update the configuration many times – consistently and reliably.
- Snapshot for 3PAR StoreServ volumes to save and revert to an earlier point in time or to create a volume clone.
- Proactively identify SAN health issues where the expected and actual connectivity and states differ.
- HP Virtual Connect supports Quality of Service and Dual-Hop FCoE.
- HP OneView provides server profile mobility across different adapters, different generations and different blade models.
- The HP Virtualization Performance Viewer for HP OneView helps you monitor and quickly troubleshoot performance issues, optimize physical and virtual compute, and forecast required capacity.
- HP OneView delivers a unified management platform that supports HP ProLiant Rack servers, HP BladeSystem, HP 3PAR StoreServ Storage, and HP ConvergedSystem 700 platforms.
- The innovative HP OneView architecture is designed for converged management across servers, storage, and networks. The unified workspace allows your entire IT team to leverage the ‘one model, one data, one view’ approach. This streamlines activities and communications for consistent productivity.
- HP Smart Search provides fast, sophisticated search to instantly find the exact information for which you look. And HP Activities gives you a common communication stream of real-time messages (like alerts, team messages, and updates) to reduce ad hoc processes and team productivity inhibitors.
- HP MapView lets you see resource status, relationships and dependencies. Visualizing connections and relationships between resources provides fast collaborative troubleshooting and reduces operational errors.
- Dashboard views can be customized to display your preferred data. Standard displays show every device in your data center, from anywhere, with a fully-mobile client. Tasks and alerts are shown, along with more information as needed for more specific areas of interest.
- Software-defined approaches are designed into HP OneView to empower your management experts to create resource definitions once (for servers, storage, and networks), and then to roll out new resources — rapidly, repeatedly, and reliably.
- Fully-automated SAN zoning, including Brocade fabrics, allows you to attach/detach SAN volumes to server profiles without manual zoning. You can also use direct attach (Flat SAN) profiles between HP Virtual Connect and 3PAR StoreServ Storage.
- Network management using HP Virtual Connect supports Fibre Channel and FlexFabric interconnects with other advanced features to enhance productivity. A new migration tool helps transition existing users to HP OneView. MapView allows viewing of some typical switches in non-Virtual Connect networks.
- Server profile support for HP ProLiant Blade and Rack Servers (now with Gen9 support) automates firmware maintenance, boosts productivity, and saves time. Software-defined approaches capture your best practices by your experts into common templates and processes for leverage by your wider team.
- The state change message bus and REST APIs provide automation and a closed-loop method of providing compliance. This allows virtualization administrators to automate control of HP compute, storage, and networking resources without detailed knowledge of each device.
Automated in Your Environment
- The open ecosystem of HP OneView provides easy integration with enterprise software solutions and with custom user solutions. Standard integrations are provided for HP Software, VMware, Microsoft, and Red Hat. Python and Powershell scripts are available to help custom integrations.
- HP Operations Analytics for HP OneView is an optional capability that provides ‘Big Data’ analytics for IT operations. You can troubleshoot your converged infrastructure, view the overall data center health, and predict your infrastructure capacity limits.
- HP OneView provides standard integrations for VMware vCenter Server, Operations Manager, and Log Insight. Server-profile-based deployment and cluster expansion can create and grow clusters using automated workflows which leverage 3PAR shared storage and/or boot from SAN.
- HP OneView for Microsoft System Center is a standard integration that enables server-profile-based deployment and Hyper-V cluster expansion, cluster views, and Fibre Channel / FCoE information. Clear relationships are also shown for health monitoring and alerting.
- Full programmability allows users to easily integrate, automate, and customize HP OneView for their own use. The REST APIs, consistent data model, and state-change message bus allow control over management functions and pulling of custom data– and its use as an intelligent automation hub.