نصب Oracle VM Server 2.2.1 بر روی VirtualBox
Oracle VM server is another server virtualization product like VMware ESX and MS Hyper-V. Good thing is, its completely free. As usual before try any new products, its better to test and experiment. Desktop virtualization software VirtualBox supports Oracle VM server as virtual machine on a desktop computer. This post shows how to install Oracle VM Server 2.2.1 on VirtualBox.
Two machines required to complete the full hypervisor server setup, create and managed virtual machines. One with Oracle VM server and second one for Oracle VM Manager. Here I show the first server installation only. But, we have to install both products to fulfill our purpose. With VirtualBox we can install and run both on same host computer.
Follow the Steps to Install Oracle VM Server 2.2.1 on VirtualBox
1) Download the latest Oracle VM 2.2.1 here. Its available for 32 Bit and 64Bit also.
2) Make sure you have latest VirtualBox version.
3) Make sure your host computer supports hardware Virtualization Technology in BIOS.
4) Create new virtual machine. It’s recommended to set minimum RAM to 2GB if you want to run more than one virtual machine on Oracle VM. Select OS and versions as shows below.
5) Mount the OracleVM-Server-2.2.1.iso to CD ROM of virtual machine and start it.
6) Press ENTER and continue the installation.
7) Rest of the steps are similar to Linux OS installation. Complete guide for Oracle VM server installations guide is available here in official site.
8.) Provide root password during the installation. Keep the password, you need this root access later. Leave the default layout option to create partitions.
9) Un mount the ISO file and reboot the virtual machine.
Its done. Configure the network type of virtual machine in VirtualBox as you like. Oracel VM server should communicate to Oracle VM Manager where you are going to install.
You can play around with Oracle VM server in command prompt after provided root user name password.
Oracle VM manager should be installed on other Linux OS computer to configure and create virtual machines.
I will publish some posts about Oracle’s server virtualization product 2.2.1 which they claim its better than VMware.
Stay tuned with Sysprobs for latest updates and how to’s.
If you have experience with this product, please share your experience and comments here.